Not Gonna Cry... (Blogger Exclusive)

In an effort to maintain self-censorship, I'm not going to bitch about my entire weekend. When too many adults are together in confined settings, certain tribal and territorial instincts kick in. That's a diplomatic way of saying some people get along in a very heated way, which actually isn't "getting along" to an uninitated observer. Families fight. As do packs, prides, pods, mobs, and murders.

I do love that. Anybody else know that a group of crows is called a "murder"? My friend dream hampton called herself a "word nerd". If there is such a thing, I am one.

(I should tell the story of the Locked Bathroom Door and the Green Apple Splatters, but it lacks a comedic finish and mostly is a story of frustration.)

I briefly touched on my outrage at Twitter's outage, I'm sure we all were caught by surprise with it. It has shown me that while some are jaded with it, I love it even more. It is truly a weapon/tool.

There is much talk about the way people can fake who they are, or conceal who they really are through the anonymity of the Internet. While I won't argue the merits of that perspective, I will say some things to provide balance.


We can put forth exactly who were are just as easily as we can try to conceal, and the truth of it will be just that. There's a guy I've met through Twitter that I can kinda tell that working with him might be fun, @K4s_Ent. Like I said, we haven't met in person, but the detail he provides on his FollowFriday recommendations show me that this guy understands people, and relationships. Would we be successful? I don't know, but knowing what I know about him makes me believe that it would start off right. I daresay he reminds me, of me...

If I were a total ass, that would be bad. But if you have two people who are 1) worried about getting the job done and 2) don't care who gets the credit, you start off way ahead in the game. It's about the job first. We'll make sure the credits get printed properly when it's all done.

What I'm saying is, going into a situation you have to have the right mindset. G.I.G.O. = Garbage In Garbage Out. There is an annoying little shit of a producer in town that I used to work with, and I used to go out of my way to send business his way even when our association had passed, but I don't do that anymore because this dude is obsessed with me and mine, and no matter how much time passes, he hangs on to the negative from the past. I knew he was talented, but I always overlooked the personality differences because I thought he might change. Being around talented people helped him find his talent, but being around confident people when you have none made him bitter. I thought that maybe other people could work with him when I couldn't, but then people started to come back to me telling me their own stories of personal conflict. So while some people love to say "Business is business" and I can agree, "family businesses" works because of connections, and if I can't connect with you, I ain't doing business with you...

I'm making connections on Twitter that will hopefully bear fruits later on, and part of it is because I put out exactly who I am. Is some of it "censored"? Yes, to a degree. But no one can say that what you've read is a misrepresentation. It's what I saw, and how I saw it. How I felt. What's to hate about that? Disagree? Fine. I like that. But hate on it?

This was a little freestyle, but I just wanted to touch base with my readership. Yeah, I'm getting a little following. I see the H8ters too. I actually love y'all, because of a definitions someone gave me:

"Haters are confused admirers that can't figure out why everybody else likes you."

There used to be a time when I would say "Aw, man, you talk so much about hating, and ain't nobody hating on you."

Not anymore.

When you leave your house, your picture is taken probably 20 times in a host of places.

You don't even have to leave the house, and that many people hated on you somewhere.

Better learn to enjoy it.

-ere'bodee's favorite mega, blogninja


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chris Brown and the Contrition Mission

Straight Men That Like "Twilight", and the Haters That Hate Them

Forever And A Day